Executive Services Department
The Town of Milton’s Clerk’s Division of the Executive Services Department requires an individual to fill the full-time position of Licensing Officer. This position reports to the Deputy Clerk and is responsible for a variety of licensing functions.
Major Job Responsibilities
• Provide excellent customer service including responding to public inquiries at the counter, electronically and by telephone and is the first point of contact for licensing inquiries and applications.
• Issue marriage licenses including the verification of legal requirements and preparing the license
• Business and mobile licensing (food sales, personal service, transient traders, taxis, commercial refreshment vehicles, etc.) including answering inquiries, reviewing applications, administering testing and preparing and issuing licenses.
• Lottery licensing, including deciding on eligibility of applications for lottery licenses, following up on missing information, issuing lottery licenses.
• Death registrations, invoicing funeral homes, logging out-of-town deaths
• Process liquor license/special occasion requests
• Liaise with weed inspector/livestock valuer
• Provides administrative support for Municipal Law Enforcement including drafting correspondence and court documents, preparing set fines, tracking court fines and filing
• Complies with all health and safety practices as it relates to the work, standard operating guidelines and the Occupational Health & Safety Act
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
Applicants should have post-secondary education in Public Administration or a related field with a minimum of three years related experience in a municipal environment. Ability to interpret by-laws, legislation, policies, etc is required. Excellent written and oral communication skills, effective time management skills and strong organizational and interpersonal skills are essential. Applicants must be proficient in windows based software including Word and Excel. Experience with AMANDA software for municipal licensing would be beneficial. Applicants must have a focus on providing friendly and efficient customer service.
Salary Range: $42,004 to $52,505 (salary is under review)
Interested applicants should submit a resume by July 21, 2010 to:
Town of Milton, Department of Corporate Services,
150 Mary Street, Milton, ON L9T 6Z5
Attention: Coordinator, Human Resources
Fax: (905) 875-5414
In accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation, applicant information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used strictly for candidate selection.